I don’t think I can separate my experience with the program from my experience with the city itself – a city I fell instantly in love with – Victoria McCoy, Redlands University.
What is included?
- Tuition and course material
- Official transcript from the Cours de Civilisation de la Sorbonne Student Card and Art Student Card from La Sorbonne for the duration of your stay
- Excursions and cultural activities, including all admission fees to museums and cultural institutions visited with the group
- Breakfast with housing
- Internet acess Airport pick-up and transfer from Charles de Gaulle on arrival day
- On-site orientation
- Emergency support 24/24
- Medical insurance
- A 4 week metro pass (pass Navigo) and a good Paris map
- Use of a mobile phone
- Full time academic support
- Assistance looking for internships for qualified students
- Personalized student services (for art projects, athletics, interships, volunteer work, etc.)
What is not included?
- Airfare from the US to Paris (app. $1,500)
- Passport and visa fees (app.$300)
- Student meals (except as noted) (from $5 in student cafeteria)
- Art supplies for personal projects
- Personal expenses and travel
- Cost of cellphone calls
Note that art supplies in Paris are quite expensive, and students are advised to bring as much as possible, without excess.
You will receive a 5% to 20% discount in art supplies stores with your Sorbonne’s Art Student Card. The same Card gives you free or reduced access to many museums in Paris.